The 2018 Cadet application is now on the web site. Just go to Membership, Join us and the application is on the bottom of that page. Should you have any questions about being a cadet, plesae contact Peter Zubiaurre at firstname.lastname@example.org,.
About Us - Bergen County Umpires Association
The Bergen County Umpires Association is an organization of baseball and softball umpires certified to officiate high school contests in New Jersey.
Our purpose is:
- promote the welfare of the games of baseball and softball on the county level by uniformly interpreting and administering the rules of those games as set forth by the New Jersey State Interscholastic Athletic Association (NJSIAA) and the National Federation of High School Associations (NFHS).
- promote and maintain the highest degree of baseball and softball officiating by following a uniform set of mechanics and have available at all times an adequate number of thoroughly trained and capable umpires.
- preserve the traditions, foster the ideals, advance the interests and improve the quality and prestige of the baseball and softball umpires through a comprehensive program of classroom training and on-the-field experience and develop a spirit of friendship and maintain a high standard of ethics among umpires.
All members - please note that all registration fees must be paid/postmarked to the association by Monday, May 15, 2017.
Below you will find a Hall of fame application: The Criteria for Hall of Fame Nomination:
Criteria for Hall of Fame Membership:
1. Member must have minimum of 10 years as an active member in the BCUA.
2. Member may be former or active in the Association.
3. Nominations for this recognition must be received in writing by the Secretary who will forward the nomination to the Hall of Fame Committee Chairperson. Members of the Hall of Fame Committee are prohibited from submitting nominations. The nomination must include a narrative of how the member meets or exceeds the criteria for selection.
4. The following criteria will be used to determine admission to the Hall of Fame:
A. Member must have served in a positive capacity for the association (i.e.: Officer, Committee Chair, Executive Committee, Any Committee member, etc.)
B. Member must have distinguished him/herself as an umpire representing the BCUA in a positive manner (i.e: County/State Tournament, Charity)
C. There must be no issue regarding integrity or honesty in their service to the BCUA.
d. The member must be approved by 75% of the Hall of Fame Committee present. Four members represent a majority of the Committee.
8. Once approved by the Hall of Fame Committee, the choice(s) will be forwarded to the
Executive Committee, where a majority of those voting in favor would gain approval.
9. The new Hall of Fame Member, once approved, would be notified in writing by the Secretary of this honor and invited to the next association banquet or general membership meeting to receive recognition of the honor.
10. The Hall of Fame Member would be listed in a separate section of the directory.